This Hopi Place Names lesson plan also includes:
What's in a name? Historians consider the question as they examine places important to the Hopi people and the meanings of their place names. Included worksheets include maps and charts to help class members examine the geography of Hopi lands, as well as an activity asking them to consider the meaning of places special to the people.
- Use map practice activity to identify important Hopi landmarks
- Facilitate discussion about the importance of names using included prompts
- First of three lessons on Hopi culture
- Activities involve important skills practice
- Resource includes prompts that make learning relevant to students