This Hot Air Balloon interactive also includes:
How can people control a hot air balloon? The simple simulation allows scholars to adjust the payload mass, burner, and vent position on a hot air balloon and observe the changes in velocity and altitude over time. Challenge questions and a worksheet provide a simple evaluation tool.
- Create a small hot air balloon in class and use a candle to send it up/down
- Requires a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Assumes prior knowledge of altitude, velocity, and interpreting graphs
- Simulation can display free body diagrams and net force if those options are selected
- Includes a tutorial with instructions on how to use the simulation