This Hot Dog Eating activity & project also includes:
It's extremely important to pace yourself. Scholars watch portions of a video of the 2014 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest. Using pictures that show one contestant's number of hot dogs at various times, they use rates to estimate how many hot dogs the contestant consumes by the end of the contest.
- Have learners research hot dog eating rates for more recent contests
- Pupils should have knowledge of rates
- Familiarity with regression lines is beneficial
- A video clip of an actual event makes math relevant
- Video quality is extremely poor