This Hot Oven interactive also includes:
Why does the air in a hot oven not burn skin, but metal in the oven does? The simulation focuses on the difference between temperature and thermal energy and the way these are transferred. Scholars adjust the temperature of an oven and observe the behaviors of molecules in both the air and on a metal pan.
- Use a toaster oven and a laser thermometer to prove the air and the metal pan are the same temperature
- Requires a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Assumes prior knowledge of thermal energy and molecular behavior
- Includes intuitive controls
- Challenge questions in the simulation encourage higher-level thinking