This House History Comes Alive lesson plan also includes:
How reliable is oral history?. The resource uses the oral history website to help academics understand the pros and cons of using the recollections to teach others. Scholars complete a worksheet, draft a letter to representative, and participate in group discussion to understand the history of the House of Representatives through the lens of oral history.
- Have pupils create an oral history to share with the class
- Arrange for an historian to share an oral history of the local community
- Internet access is required to complete the lesson
- Lesson includes an extension activity to enhance learning
- The resource can be adapted to younger grade levels