Art forgeries are works of art themselves? How can inspectors tell real art from fake? A video from the a large science playlist explores the techniques practiced by expert forgers and the subtle science behind telling a masterpiece from a forgery.
- Include the video in a nuclear chemistry unit
- Learn more about Han Van Meegeren, master forger, with a short documentary
- No art skills? No problem! Viewing requires no prior knowledge
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The resource provides clear explanations of the techniques forgers use and those used by the scientists that catch them
- Diagrams explain radioactive isotopes and carbon dating concisely for younger learners