Build a solid foundation of the different types of chemical bonds. A thorough video lesson discusses the formation of chemical bonds between various element types. The instructor references the periodic table when discussing molecular covalent, giant covalent, metallic, and ionic bonds.
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video as homework
- Build a graphic organizer to sort compounds into the different types of bonds
- Expects a strong understanding of electron configurations and the periodic table
- Uses images and animations to describe different types of chemical bonds
- Includes properties of compounds formed from different types of bonds