How many football fields would fit on the moon? Although it appears small in the night sky, the distance from Earth makes its size misleading. A quick video lesson from the Kurzgesagt playlist helps scholars understand the size of the moon.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable
- Provided dimensions ask pupils to calculate the surface area of the moon
- Have your classes create scale models comparing the size of the moon to an object such as a football field
- Expects knowledge of the parts of the solar system
- Includes several comparisons to give students perspective of the size of the moon
- Provides visuals to increase understanding