Can you measure the size of something that's getting bigger all the time? It depends upon your perspective! Space scholars discover fundamental facts about our ever-growing universe. The narrator explains the difference between the observable universe and the whole universe, then describes each in terms of size, presence of a center, presence of edges, and expansion.
- Show the video to finish a unit on attributes of the universe or space exploration
- Assign a research project focused on deep space exploration to further illustrate our knowledge of the observable universe
- Some prior knowledge of the Big Bang theory is helpful but not completely necessary
- At the end of the video, the narrator constructs a helpful graphic organizer to pull the lesson together
- Animated sequences help give visual reference to a topic that can be difficult to observe in the classroom