They didn't just WING this video; it's a real HOOT! An intriguing video in the Brain Scoop Fossils & Geology series explains what owl pellets are and why scientists study them. Then, it covers the extension of how scientists use them to learn about past ecosystems. In one case, an ecosystem has been traced back 150,000 years using only owl pellets.
- Watch before dissecting owl pellets
- Interview someone from a local nature conservatory about local rodents and conservation
- Be wary of the comment section as it is open to the public
- Provides subtitles in English and Spanish
- Connects geography, history, ecology, and biology