Can beautiful words change the world? Literary scholars discover how to paint their visions of change using poetry in a series of three workshops. Each independent topic gives participants a chance to examine their feelings about personal and societal issues, then work through the writing process to create a masterpiece.
- For each workshop, project the featured poem and recite it, then have the class discuss using the guiding questions
- Feature student work in the library or other prominent location
- Pupils should create a list of social issues that concern them before beginning the activity
- Example poems are perfect for illustrating the focus of each workshop
- The prewriting tools are helpful, particularly for learners less familiar with writing poetry