How can we locate places? Maps, of course! Expose second graders to the tools available in maps and discuss how these tools can help people find locations. Students also look at communities, including what makes a community and the different types of communities.
- Accompany this presentation with a worksheet that allows students to practice the skills they learn
- Learners should be aware of how use context clues
- There are four lessons included in the slide
- Visuals in the presentation reinforce the skills being taught
- Vocabulary words are bolded and red to emphasize importance
- Some of the slides reveal the definition of a word before students are asked to think about what the word means