This How Do Geckos Defy Gravity? video also includes:
Geckos are reptilian superheroes, defying gravity to climb walls and hang from ceilings, but where did they get these amazing superpowers? Watch this fun video as it examines the amazingly designed feet of these unique animals and how they take advantage of intermolecular van der Waals forces to climb wherever they please.
- Watch this video during a life science lesson on animal adaptations or in a chemistry lesson on intermolecular forces
- After watching this video, have students complete a project where they design a product that is inspired by the unique adaptations of an animal
- Assign this video and the accompanying assessment as homework in your flipped classroom
- Engaging animations grab the viewer's attention and visually support the content being presented
- A brief quiz is included with the video, offering five multiple choice and three free response questions
- Resource allows teachers to create their own customized lessons based on the video