This practical activity helps young citizens learn about pre-registration to vote in elections, discuss the merits and flaws of the pre-registration process, and register themselves. The concluding activity has young voters creating an ad in support of pre-registration.
- Take the debate further by exploring recent articles in support of lowering the voting age
- Stay up to date: the laws regarding pre-registration are subject to change and vary by state
- If in a state that doesn't allow pre-registration, you can still discuss the issue and complete the activity
- Gives attention to an under-recognized aspect of the voting process
- Very much a real world lesson in that as a result participants in eligible states will know how to pre-register themselves