Explore the chemistry of a rocket launch. An episode of the ACS Reactions playlist explains how propellant creates the thrust necessary to launch a rocket. The instructor considers both solid and liquid propellants to make a well-rounded lesson.
4 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video as homework; use class time for discussion and clarifications
- Follow the video with a lab investigation to study thrust
- Expects an understanding of oxidation reactions
- Incorporates humor to add interest to the presentation
- Provides links to resources for further study