Sharks and stingrays use their sense of electricity to find prey. The video explains their tiny organs that detect electric fields produced by living creatures. It ends by highlighting the benefits of this sense and how much scientists still need to learn.
- Discuss what other hidden senses animals might have that we don't know about
- Theorize ideas for how humans could use this adaptation to benefit society
- Video best fits when studying ocean ecosystems, animal adaptations, or the flow of electricity through water
- High-definition video enchants viewers
- Includes full transcript of the video in an article for those without Internet access