Explore trees' strategies for surviving winters in cold climates. The first trees were built for tropical climates. As they migrated to colder climates, they adapted the capability to survive the harsher weather. The video lesson explains the variety of adaptations within different tree types.
- Create a list of types of trees that grow in different environments
- Follow the lesson with a lab investigation using plants without the cold weather adaptations
- Monitor the comment section for appropriateness
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides an option for closed captioning in several languages to assist ELLs
- Highlights scientific vocabulary throughout