This How Do We Sense the Flavors of Food? lesson plan also includes:
We taste with our taste buds, so why do flavors change when we have a stuffy nose? Scholars experiment with taste testing while holding their noses and then while smelling. They record their observations in pairs and come together to record class data.
- Use a KWL chart to demonstrate how much deeper a seemingly simple topic goes
- Be aware of all food allergies and candies harmful to braces before doing the blind taste tests
- Relies on prior knowledge of matter and molecules
- Includes both liquid and solid tasting ideas
- Offers many extensions for those wanting to go in more depth