This How Do We Smell? video also includes:
It seems like a simple process: we breathe in, our nose detects different scents, and our brain interprets the smell. But how does it actually work? How can something smell like vanilla to one person, but like urine to someone else? How do we know that dogs have a better sense of smell than humans? These questions and more are explored in a fun and upbeat video about one of our most underappreciated senses: smell.
- Very informative about how the sense of smell works
- Focus on smell disorders helps learners be more empathetic toward others
- Flip the lesson to personalize it to your classroom needs
- Narrator speaks quickly (may be difficult for non-native speakers to understand)
- Lots of information packed into four minutes (may require several viewings for learners to get all the information)