The center of the circle is the center of attention for the resource. A brief video in the Socratica Geometry playlist shows how to find the center of a circle not on the coordinate plane. The method here is to construct the perpendicular bisector of two chords and see where they intersect.
- Have the class find centers of circles using a compass and straightedge
- Learners must be familiar with chords and perpendicular bisectors
- Pupils should also have knowledge of systems of equations
- Thorough explanations make the concept clear
- Different colors help distinguish between line segments