This How Does Hibernation Work? video also includes:
Did you know animals hibernate all around the world, even in the deserts and tropical rain forests? How do these animals reach extreme body temperatures and undergo a decreased heart rate that would be deadly to non-hibernating animals? Watch a video that explains the genomes that make up these magnificent animals.
- Use the information on lemurs in the research section, and compare and contrast lemurs’ diets and hibernation behaviors
- Video goes into the complex concepts and details of hibernation
- Uses vocabulary and discusses concepts best suited for older audiences in a biology or life sciences class
- Includes a set of review questions, discussion topics, and links for additional research
- Cartoons support the topics and ideas under study