This How Does Work...Work? video also includes:
What makes a clock tick or a bulb light up? The concept of work is explained to a backdrop of clever animation. Physics fans learn that the amount of work equals the product of the force and distance, and that the rate equals the amount of energy transferred over time. Sample equations are solved to determine Joules per second required for both the clock and the bulb. This makes a strong introduction to the concept of work. Follow it up by working some practice problems with your class.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Simple and clear explanations are supported by formulas and eye-catching animation
- Example problems are solved systematically
- Can be used to increase scientific literacy as stated in the Common Core State Standards
- Think questions are provided for assessment or discussion
- Links to other related websites are included