This How Effective is Your Sunscreen? lesson plan also includes:
Protect skin from UV radiation! Groups design and conduct an experiment to test the effectiveness of UV safety products. The groups collect the data from the experiment and prepare a lab report. In the second day of the activity, they present their findings to the rest of the class.
- Review with the class the process of designing an experiment
- Have teams get feedback from other teams on their experimental design before submitting it to the teacher for final approval
- The activity is the fourth segment in six
- You will need several materials for the experiment, but the list can be altered to include only what is available
- Includes a rubric to evaluate the lab report and presentation
- Provides suggestions for assessments to use throughout the experiment