Explore the changes in sleep patterns over time. Pupils learn how the changes in lighting have triggered adaptations in sleep patterns. Modern lighting mimics the light waves of the sun, which suppresses melatonin production and makes sleep more difficult.
- After watching the video, make a list of pros and cons of modern lighting
- Have individuals log their electronic use and their nightly sleep time to discuss prior to the video
- Expects an understanding of specific hormones
- Presents a topic relevant to teenage learners
- Includes a historical perspective