This How Evolution Works (And How We Figured It Out) video also includes:
The concept of evolution changed the way scientists view the world. Part of the PBS Ions series, a thorough video lesson explains the process of evolution by exploring the work of scientists like Charles Darwin and Gregor Mendel. The instructors describe concepts such as natural selection, DNA mutations, and phylogenetic trees.
- Incorporate as an introduction to the evolutionary process
- Flip the classroom by assigning the video as homework; use class time for discussion and practice
- Builds on an understanding of natural selection
- Provides links to resources to continue studying the concept
- Emphasizes scientific vocabulary