This How Fast Are You? lesson plan also includes:
Quick! Snap up the lesson. Scholars first use an online app to collect data on reaction times by clicking a button when the color of a box changes. They then plot and analyze the data by considering measures of center, measures of variation, and measurement error.
- Challenge the class to come up with their own experiments to collect data
- Learners need a Java-enabled computer with Internet access to perform the experiment
- Knowledge of central tendency and measures of variation is necessary
- Provides some discussion questions when interpreting results
- A printable student handout is available