How do algorithms personalize each Internet user's online experience? Learners discover the answer in the fifth installment from the digital media literacy series. They explore the concept of the filter bubble, a term used to describe how algorithms isolate people from potential perspectives and interests.
- Have small groups discuss the consequences of being stuck in a filter bubble
- Engage in a whole-class discussion about solutions for escaping the filter bubble
- Requires speakers or computer access and headphones for each individual
- Includes a link to a helpful text-based lesson
- Animations and graphics aid in comprehension