This How Ingenious Animals Have Engineered Air Conditioning instructional video also includes:
Humans aren't the only species to build structures with air conditioning—we weren't even the first! The video explains how a variety of species that live under and above ground design their structures to allow for air circulation. It focuses on termites, ants, prairie dogs, and shrimp.
- Relate the information in the video to the way Native Americans created temperature control in tepees
- Pre-teach the concept of hot air rising if needed
- Requires a free account on TED-Ed
- Provides analysis questions after the video
- Offers supplemental articles
- Includes subtitles for ease of note taking