This How Long Will Human Impacts Last? video also includes:
If aliens visit Earth a million years from now, what will they find? Explore the Anthropocene epoch with a hard-hitting video. Viewers examine the changes humankind has made to the planet, how these overshadow events of the past, and possible solutions to a grim outcome.
- Follow up with a related video that expands upon the Anthropocene epoch discussed in the resource
- Have pupils create their own drawings or storylines that show what they think Earth will look like in a million years
- Make sure class members register on TED if you plan to have them use the materials included with the video
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The video is a must-see for any class studying geologic time scales or human impacts on the environment
- Includes discussion questions, an assessment, and related reading for easy planning