That sour milk in your fridge is a long way from becoming cheese...or is it? The original purpose of making cheese was simply to preserve the nutritional content of milk. Using an informative video from a larger playlist exploring reactions, individuals watch the process of adding microbes and enzymes to break down milk proteins, eventually forming cheese.
- Follow the video with a lab to create cheese samples in class
- Research different types of cheese and what makes them different
- Requires pupils to understand the function of proteins and enzymes
- Diagrams and images help explain the chemistry of the cheese-making process
- Interviews a knowledgeable cheese maker for authenticity