This How Much Water Do Humans Need? lesson plan also includes:
Physical or life science learners measure the amounts of water eliminated by intestines and the urinary system, and the amounts lost via respiration and perspiration. In doing so, they discover that the body's water must be replenished regularly. Consider crafting a lab sheet or projectable instructions to prevent having to repeat the procedure several times. Another option would be to conduct this activity as a demonstration rather than as a group activity.
- Demonstrates the need for drinking water
- Related resources offer cross-curricular activities
- Well-written lesson plan is part of a complete water unit
- Teacher tips provided through a video in additional materials
- Unless you teach this lesson as a demonstration, expect to have water all over the place