This How Oceanographers Found the Titanic video also includes:
The sinking of the Titanic is one of the most tragic and remembered events in history. A first of her time, Titanic was considered unsinkable, but the night of April 15, 1912, would prove otherwise. Seventy-three years later in 1985, her wreckage was discovered. Watch a video that explains how.
- Extend the learning experience by researching the artifacts and parts of the Titanic that were preserved underwater
- Have groups look up other boats that have sunk due to contact with an iceberg
- Compare and contrast ships that were built in the early 1900s to ships that are built today
- Best used in a an oceanography lesson, or on sunken ships, and even the history and evolution of boats
- Uses real images of the Titanic's wreckage and actual footage of the moments oceanographers discovered it
- Includes discussion questions, a quiz, and links for further research