This How Playing an Instrument Benefits Your Brain video also includes:
Did you know that playing music is the brain's equivalent to a full body workout? Learn about how the advancements in the studies of neuroscientists have brought us to a greater understanding of how playing an instrument dramatically increases the volume and activity of the human brain.
- Consider an interdisciplinary project whereby learners learn to play a song on an instrument, and then identify the various neurological processes that are involved in their work
- Use as an introductory video at the beginning of a music course
- Have learners perform more in-depth research on the various areas of the brain and what activities may build or develop brain functions
- Explains affect on fine motor skills and impact on memory systems
- Provides an overview of the different areas of the brain and their functions