This How Psychology Benefits Society activity & project also includes:
How do people form their opinions about certain social issues? Scholars research current global issues to find out how psychology plays a role in swaying thoughts. Using blogs, writings, and presentations, they uncover why people think the way they do. The student-led high school psychology task challenges young people to analyze and uncover society's thought process—an important skill to respecting opinions!
- Create research teams to explore societal issues and psychology's impact
- Invite a local psychologist to be a guest speaker on the profession's role in society
- Teachers must create a set timetable for research and presentations
- Open-ended lesson gives teachers flexibility when planning
- Resource is a very brief, containing little description of what is expected from the lesson