This How Quantum Mechanics Explains Global Warming video also includes:
What do quantum mechanics and global warming have to do with each other? More than you might think. Surprisingly, this video explains how it's not the energy emitted from the sun that causes the problem, but how the infrared radiation given off by the earth is absorbed and reflected back to the surface by carbon dioxide molecules.
- Include this video as a supplement to an environmental science unit on global warming or a physics unit on the electromagnetic spectrum
- After watching the video and reading other texts about global warming, have students create visual models explaining the process
- Video supports scientific explanations with clear visual models
- Resource includes academic language appropriate for high school science students
- Resource allows teachers to create customized lessons based on the video