Are vaccines protection from infection — or are they risky business? Learners weigh the pros and cons in a short, animated video. The narrator discusses the many illnesses eradicated through world-wide use of vaccines and sheds light on the likelihood of having an adverse reaction after being vaccinated.
- Extend the lesson by assigning a research project around illnesses that are no longer a threat because of vaccination
- Use the video to augment a lesson on vaccines or public health
- Make a list on the board of common vaccine abbreviations and the illnesses they defend against
- The narrator presents statistics showing the incidence of vaccine-related illnesses versus amusing and odd ways of being injured, lending credibility and humor to the content
- Animated infectious agents illustrate how humans acquire immunity through vaccination, a great help to younger learners