This How Small Are We in the Scale of the Universe? video also includes:
There are so many galaxies in the universe that the vast majority of them are too distant for the human eye to perceive. An astronomy video discusses the Hubble Telescope's Deep Field image from 1995 and the eXtreme Deep Field image taken a decade later, and how such a small sliver of space can have huge implications for the universe itself.
- Compare the video to the actual images from the Hubble Telescope
- Encourage young learners to write a story about exploring the deepest parts of space, choosing one galaxy to describe in imagined detail
- Use in preparation to a local planetarium or space center
- Assessment comes on the screen right after the video is done
- Provides assessment questions and discussion topics to extend the lesson