This How Tall Can Mountains Be? video also includes:
Currently, the tallest mountain on Earth is Mount Everest at 8,848 meters above sea level. The video discusses how tall a mountain might reach based on gravity, rock density, and other factors such as plate tectonics and erosion.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable
- Research the growth or shrinking rate of the mountains closest to your school
- Discuss how tall a mountain has to be in order to be called a mountain rather than a hill
- Foul language in the comments need not appear if displaying the video full screen
- Provides subtitles in 10 languages for the benefit of ELLs
- Simple drawings emphasize the concepts