This How the Normans Changed the History of Europe video also includes:
How did the coastline of France become known as Normandy? Pupils investigate the rise and fall of the Normans and their impacts on European history and culture. They analyze the invaders of France using a short video clip and scholar-led discussion.
- Place a map at the front of the room showing Europe and the area known as Normandy, France, for reference
- Have students complete a map of Europe in 1066 as a preview
- Requires audio and visual equipment for the entire class to participate in the lesson
- Contains detailed assessment questions for use in class with the video
- Includes additional materials to extend the unit and learning opportunities