Start to finish, the first satellite was an 84-day project. Follow the process in a video lesson presentation from the SciShow Space series. The narrator explains the decision-making process and structure of the satellite as well as the science that supports those decisions.
- Have pupils create a timeline of all the satellite launches in US history
- Encourage learners to make sketches of the satellites for comparison
- Knowledge of rocket engineering is useful
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Highlights key points by including text within the video
- Includes both a historical and modern viewpoint