This How to Analyze Art presentation also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
How does analyzing art differ from analyzing text? Young historians consider a piece of Italian Renaissance art and practice another type of primary source analysis through a close look and discussion of Bernardo Zenale's Madonna and Child with Saints.
- HAM refers to History Analysis Monday, which are this instructor's 30-minute assignments meant to teach close reading skills (i.e. marking the text and meta-cognition using primary sources)
- The second slide highlights artistic techniques such as use of diminishing size, foreshortening, and light and shadow. You can use this resource to introduce or review these techniques
- Great progression of analysis questions
- Can download and edit presentation slides