Can we stop the major cities of the world from going under? Science scholars discover the methods of controlling rising sea levels and the energy our swelling waterways could produce. The video includes specific examples from the Netherlands, a country at the forefront of keeping its lands above water.
- Challenge pupils to design an effective method of controlling water levels near a city
- Add the video to a unit about climate change or use it to kick off a lesson on the specific problem of rising sea levels
- Use a map to demonstrate the locations mentioned in the video so viewers can see their proximity to water
- Cites the specific example of concrete that can absorb water, paving the way for a fun lesson extension
- The narrator comments on historical flooding of major cities to show the class that many places have been struggling with sea level changes for many years