This How to Build a Dark Matter Detector video also includes:
Scientists measure dark matter based on gravity, but how do we find something that can't be detected by anything on the electromagnetic spectrum? Understanding what doesn't work leads to new tests and machines in the search for dark matter. Scientists spend decades building detectors, unsure if they will ever discover the answers to understanding our universe.
- Encourage advanced students to learn about the current search for dark matter
- Research the different detectors scientists use to find dark matter around the world
- Relies on an understanding of dark matter and radiation
- Connects to current research and unanswered questions
- Provides multiple choice and open-answer questions
- Allows for modification to fit the needs of any class