Branch out with a tree diagram. A presentation on complex probability explains the process of creating a tree diagram to represent the possible outcomes in a scenario. It then uses the diagram to calculate the probabilities of each of the possible outcomes.
- Present the task before playing the video; ask pupils to brainstorm methods to calculate a specific probability
- Conduct an experiment to test the probabilities calculated
- Requires Internet access to view the YouTube video
- The fourth lesson in a six-part series
- Animations enrich the lesson and provide a clear connection from the problem to the tree diagram
- Shows all of the possible probability calculations, which creates a complete picture for the learner
- The lesson calculates different types of probability, and the emphasis on conditional probability is not clear