Explore the effect sample size has on margin of error and confidence interval. The instructor calculates the margin of error of fictional data. He shows how the calculation changes when the sample size changes while keeping the other values constant. To reinforce the concept, he graphs the margin of error as a function of sample size.
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video as homework and using class time for questions and practice
- Have individuals make the calculations in the table before showing the video and begin the video after the completed chart
- Your classes should have experience with margin of error, standard deviation, mean, and z values prior to this lesson
- Uses a graphical analysis to show the constant rate of change of margin of error with sample size
- Calculations reinforce the mathematical connection to the changes in margin of error
- Calculations move at a slow pace and becomes redundant