What if math teachers are really pirates and they want us to find x so they can get the buried treasure? A short video explains how to calculate standard deviation and variance with a step-by-step guided practice problem. The formula is easy to understand when applied as shown in the video.
- Use the video as either an introduction or a review to standard deviation
- Assign as homework in a flipped classroom
- Assumes prior knowledge of sums and how to solve equations
- The first in a set of seven videos
- Walks through the problem slowly without wasting time
- Visuals are easy to follow and comprehend
- Only solves one example problem