By the time pupils get to upper-level math courses, they have experience with many different types of functions. How do they keep them all straight? The lesson classifies functions into their types and breaks down those types into categories. It then explains how one type of function can evolve into another.
- After viewing the video, give pupils a sorting activity to classify functions in different function groups
- Learners should have previous experience with each type of function
- Must have Internet access to watch or show the YouTube video
- Begins with more complicated examples; a review of simpler cases would have been beneficial
- The sixth installment in a continuation of 29 videos about functions
- The video organizes functions in an organized list
- Uses color throughout to connect the function to its type