This How to Create Book Spine Poetry activity also includes:
Can you create a poem without writing a word! With found poetry, you can! Practice one version of found poetry with a lesson on book spine poems. Learners create poems by stacking books and reading the lines created by their spine titles.
29 Views 22 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have learners take pictures of their book spine poems and then copy the titles onto another piece of paper for a final draft
- Challenge class members to complete the poems at their homes, at a public library, or on their own time at the school library
- The concept may be too sophisticated for younger or struggling readers, and may require additional explanation and examples
- Offers learners the chance to email their pictures
- Includes helpful pictures of examples and links to teacher blogs that feature book spine poems