Working with conic sections is algebraically intense. Use this video to remind learners of the process of writing a conic in standard form to aid in finding its key features. It explains the steps to writing a circle equation in standard form and then finds the center and radius.
- Give learners a problem to complete while they are watching the video; they can stop or replay the video as often as needed
- Begin with a review of completing the square to prepare pupils for the video lesson
- Requires Internet access to watch a YouTube video
- The video is part of a 29-lesson series
- Chunks the problems into manageable parts
- Author uses sound terminology and clear explanations throughout the lesson
- The lesson only includes one rather simple example