Soil naturally erodes and produces new soil at the same rate when left to nature, yet farming erodes the soil 50 times faster than it forms. The video discusses soil, the ways humans damage it through their actions, and encourages many simple solutions to save soil.
- Interview a soil conservationist in your area about what people are doing and what they should do to save Earth
- Discuss the balance of short-term needs and long-term needs when it comes to food production
- Relies on prior knowledge of erosion, root systems, and farming
- Offers a list of key words and references for those wanting to go deeper
- Includes closed captioning in 10 languages to benefit ELLs